This week marked the solstice and the start of summer in this part of the world. You may have your summer activities marked out, or you may still be wondering how to spend your time. There are lots of inexpensive summer activity in which to indulge.
- Catch up on your reading – take advantage of the extra daylight and free time to dig into those books you’ve been putting off reading. Make sure you add some fiction to the list.
- Make a kite – with some newsprint, some sticks and string, you can build a basic kite and fly it in the park.
- Tune up your photography skills – dust off the camera, read some photography tips and spend some time taking pictures of everyday objects.
- Get active – turn off the television and unplug the video games. Get the whole family active. Your heart will thank you.
- Become a social media influencer – Alright, this is not so much a one-off summer activity, but if you think you have something to share, why not start this summer?
- Attend concerts or plays – find out where local entertainers are performing in your community. There will often be free or inexpensive outdoor performances.
- Plant a garden – planting a garden usually takes place in the spring. There are also plants you can use to enhance your landscape, which are best planted in late summer or early fall.