I’ve been using an iPhone for some time now and it’s become an indispensable part of my productivity toolbox. Here are ten free productivity apps for the iPhone.
- Evernote – Number one on the, without any question is Evernote. EN on the iPhone lets you capture any moment or idea as it happens, wherever you may find yourself. Evernote takes notes in whatever format is best for you — text, photos, audio — and syncs automatically with your Mac, PC and Web. No matter where you are your notes are accessible. If you pay for the premium service ($45 per year) you can sync your files too.
- Dragon Dictation — With Dragon Dictation 2.0, you can dictate status updates directly to your Social Networking applications (Facebook and Twitter), send text or email your friends, send notes and reminders to yourself … all using your voice. The new Dragon Dictation 2.0 also features multilingual capabilities, giving you the option to switch between a variety of languages.
- iQue – iQue is the Forgetful Person’s FREE “Instant Recall Machine,” and it’s for forgetful people. Passwords, account numbers, personal info you wouldn’t want in a unprotected note? iQue uses associative memory, mimicking the way a normal brain remembers to help your brain work properly. It’s a way of tagging things you NEED to remember, so you can be more productive —even when you can’t remember what you were going to do next.
- YouNote – Another simple note-taking application. You can take the note in a number of formats (Drawing, Audio, Text, Photo,…) You can add criteria (tags, a color, the geolocation,…) which simplifies the filing and finding of the notes. There is also a paid version of YouNote which adds a number of useful features.
- VoiceNotes -is a voice recording application for iPhone that allows you to make short recordings and play them back later. VoiceNotes is perfect for making quick reminders of things that are inconvenient to write down in text.
- BugMe! Lite – Make quick handwritten ink notes and reminders on the fly… set quick alarms, save notes to your Home Screen and share your “sticky” notes by email or Twitter…
- Money & Bills – is the iPhone client for Pageonce. Pageonce merges information from various sources into one page. It lets you access personal information—for example, the status of your utility bills, recent online purchases, and credit-card transactions. PageOnce uses bank-level security to keep accounts from being hacked.
- LockBox – lets you store and protect sensitive data such as credit card numbers, bank accounts, passwords, private notes, etc. The data is encrypted and protected by a secret code.
- Dragon Dictation – Dragon Dictation for the iPhone is an easy-to-use voice recognition application that allows you to quickly speak and instantly see your text or email messages. When you are on-the-go, turn talk into type —from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between.
- Instapaper – Instapaper lets you create offline versions of your favorite Web articles you can read when you’re not connect to a signal of some type. To save a list of pages to read, you need to visit Instapaper.com beforehand using mobile Safari, choose your content, and then launch the Instapaper app to read it offline.
- 10 Must-have small business iPhone apps (techradar.com)
- Instapaper (unputdownables.net)