I’ve yet to find a pithy quip that summarizes time management. Until that time, here’s my outline of time management principles.
- Identify time over which you have control
- Set systems for routine tasks
- Use technology
- Make best use of the 80/20 rule
- Identify and use your energy cycle
- High energy tasks scheduled during high-energy peaks
- Save less intensive tasks for the low-energy periods
- Set goals and create plans
- Leave some buffer room in your plans to accommodate unexpected changes
- Prioritize the actions require to meet your goals or complete your plans
- Analyse your time usage
- Personalize the system
- Use the tools that work for you
If you have a pithy quote that summarizes time-management, leave it in the comments below.