Ian’s Messy Desk welcomes guest posts. Please follow the guidelines below if you would like to get your post on IMD.
Guest blogger topics
To learn a little bit more about Ian’s Messy Desk (IMD), check-out the About page. IMD specializes in information designed to encourage personal development, particularly as it relates to the not-for-profit/NGO sector. Acceptable topics include: communication/public speaking, leadership, human resources, motivation, and productivity —techniques and tools.
Blog post content
- Content must be guest blogger’s own original work and not published anywhere else online.
- Send us a pitch only if you are a blogger with your own blog.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws. When quoting others, please cite your sources accordingly.
- Once you have submitted your post to us you may not publish this post anywhere else online, unless we decide not to publish you content.
- We retain the copyright of all material published on Ian’s Messy Desk. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere; it must remain unique to IMD.
- Please keep your submission between 200 – 1,000 words.
- No freelancers or staff-writers, please.
- If your post does not follow the guidelines, you may not receive a response.
IMD welcomes images and/or video to accompany guest blog posts. IMD wants images you provide to be directly relevant to the post content.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them.
- If you’re borrowing an image we require proper attribution to the creator of the image.
- Maximum image size: 8MB
- IMD is pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. We allow 1 link in your byline which will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest blog post. This must not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic.
- You may include SEO’d anchor tags to sites that are relevant to your post.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- IMD reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog stays congruous with our values.
- IMD reserve the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit.
How to submit:
Please send an email to the Editor: editor[at]ismckenzie[dot]com. Start the Subject line with “Guest Post”.
- Tell us briefly who you are.
- State the title of your proposed post.
- Outline the topic with bullet points.
- Include 1 or 2 links to other IMD articles that you will use to supplement your points.
- Tell us how IMD readers would benefit from your post.
- Add a couple of links to your best posts.