Tips for Life Changes
Can people really change? We tend to assume that circumstances change easily and often, but that people change rarely, slowly, and with great difficulty. But these assumptions are wrong.
We can, at any time, choose to change those parts of our lives that constrain us; we resolve to improve ourselves. However, we often break those resolutions because we are not fully committed to them. We must make those resolutions into heartfelt desires, changes in our lives that allow us to live to the fullest.
Life change may seem to take years to achieve but there are steps you can start taking today that can change your life forever.
- Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want.
- See the big picture and keep focussed on that picture.
- Create a plan for the change and work that plan.
- Watch what you say – words are powerful messengers that will bring you exactly what you ask for.
- Recall a time when you were successful or felt good about a situation or condition. Build upon what worked, not on what did not work. Ask yourself these questions:
- What were the circumstances that led me to feel good about myself?
- How did I feel, look, act, and respond to what was going on in my life?
- What can I do to recreate that situation and/or those feelings?
- Choose what you focus on and think about. If you don’t like the picture that you are seeing, change to a more satisfying picture.
- Be realistic about what you want to accomplish. Don’t try to accomplish more than is reasonable
- Will power is not the major ingredient when changing an aspect of your life, but a decision and commitment to yourself are.
- Don’t make excuses. There may be legitimate reasons, but there are no excuses.
- We change our lives for one of two reasons: to avoid pain or to gain pleasure. Which one is it for you? Have you experienced enough pain yet?
One thought on “How to Change Your Life”
Comments are closed.