On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, 11 pipers piping…
Okay, maybe bagpipes aren’t your thing. (Though, as a Scot, I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t love them.) Most people appreciate music in some form or another. Make today about the music.
- Have one last listen to your favourite seasonal music before putting it all away for another year.
- Break out your favourite playlists and accompany your New Year’s Day activities.
- Maybe dust off a musical instrument and see how much your remember how to play.
- Make a resolution to learn to play a new instrument.
- Find community music groups that are looking for new members. There are many that don’t require “professional level” skill, just a desire to make music.
William Congreve wrote, “Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast.” It can lift you up, energize, relax, calm, inspire and much more, depending on your choice. Choose to make music an intentional part of your life.