To be a success you need to know how to motivate yourself. You have to keep your spirits high no matter how discouraging a situation is. It’s the best way to overcome difficulties. If you are discouraged in difficult times, you will lose the battle before it starts.
How do you motivate yourself? Here are several tips I’ve found to be effective to build self motivation:
- Use visual motivators: An inspirational quote or poster can keep you focused on a change you’re trying to make in your life. A cartoon or joke can help keep you from taking things too seriously.
- Keep positive friends: There are those that will support and build you up and those that will always try and tear you down. Spend more time with the former.
- Read and listen well: Charlie “Tremendous” Jones teaches, the only thing that will make you become the person you dream of being is the books and tapes you listen to and the people you associate with.Pick out books, newspapers, websites, encyclopedias, anything with information that teaches you something you didn’t already know. Play Trivial Pursuit or watch Jeopardy. Learn something new every day. There are no such things as useless facts. If it’s part of our world, it’s worth knowing. I will get on my soapbox here again: embrace lifelong learning.
- Positive self-talk: One of the most powerful influences on your attitude and personality is what you say to yourself. It is not what happens to you, but how you respond internally to what happens to you. By controlling your inner dialogue, or your “self talk,” you can assert control over every part of your life.
- Get healthy: What’s good for the body is also good for the brain. Another reason not to put off taking care of yourself. Sleep enough. Our society is chronically sleep-deprived, which negatively affects our thought processes. So along with “beauty sleep,” go for the “smart sleep.”
- Keep a positive attitude: There’s is nothing more powerful for self-motivation than the right attitude. You can’t choose or control your circumstance, but can choose your attitude towards your circumstances.
- Take a break: You don’t have an endless supply of energy and drive. Now and again you need to take some time to re-charge your emotional and spiritual batteries.
- Share with others: Once you are motivated yourself, start motivating others. If people catch your passion, you’ll find it will drive you to new heights of accomplishment. Support and encourage others, be the cheerleader; it’s about them. Share your experience, by being a mentor, not through arrogance.
- Motivation (gabyinreallife.wordpress.com)
- Morning Motivation – 2/23/12: One Small Step (theuptownlounge.com)
- 5 Tips To Stay Motivated! (omni100.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “8 mental steps to self-motivation”
I have been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or
blog posts in this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually
stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info
So i’m glad to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out
just what I needed. I most indubitably will make sure to don?t disregard this website and give it a glance on a relentless basis.
Comments are closed.