24 Time Management Tips
- Know what is important to you. Figure out your values.
- Make goals and review them regularly to keep focus.
- Learn to delegate: co-workers, professionals, family members, neighbour teenagers earning extra money can all help with your workload.
- Learn to say no.
- Stop being a perfectionist. Not everything has to be done perfectly.
- Clear the clutter from your desk.
- Use a paper or electronic planner.
- Empty your planner of clutter and junk. Put loose pieces of paper in your in-box to catch during your daily/weekly review.
- Keep your planner with you at all times.
- Do not keep a bunch of calendars around. Use only one so everything is in one place.
- Keep a master list of all the things you need to do, call, see, write, etc. Don’t use loose notes that can easily get lost.
- Plan your day the night before.
- Tidy your desk before you leave work.
- Try to spend time on planning and important things so you are not always “putting out fires.”
- Listen to CDs or mp3s during your commute or household tasks.
- Answer routine letters by answering them on the original. Photocopy your message for your own files then send off the original.
- Turn off the television.
- Use a timer to track how you use your time.
- Relax when you are relaxing and work when you are working.
- Have a simple filing system and keep it up to date.
- Get rid of things that don’t work: pens, gadgets, equipment, etc.
- Do the difficult things first.
- Make your waiting time productive.
- Periodically analyze your work flow with a time log.
This entry was posted in Productivity
. Bookmark the permalink